Monday, August 15, 2011

My Doppelganger

For many years, I've been told that I have more than a passing resemblance to Eric Clapton. Of course, I've also been told that I look like both Arlo Guthrie and Charles Manson (hint: the way to tell me and Charlie apart is I'm the one who DOESN'T have the swastika tattooed on my forehead), but with both Clapton's and my tendencies to let hair get very short and very long, this is the comparison I get most often. With my hair getting long again, and very silver, if I put on 40 pounds, the apt comparison would be Jerry Garcia.

So imagine my surprise when, going through security at Richmond airport, a TSA agent looked at me and said "you're not... you're not that guy from The Bee Gees, are you?"

I was too stunned to fire back the obvious reply: "No, I'm that other guy from The Bee Gees."

No comments:

Post a Comment